Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Merry Xmas!

So we are going to be hosting our first family Xmas at our little green house in Long Beach.  I will be doing most of the cooking for a predominantly carnivore guest list.  I have been prepped in that they "don't eat anything weird".  Which means, "we don't like to eat your vegan crap."

Bwahaha (cue evil laugh)

My sister-in-law will be bringing the pot roast, but that will be the only non-vegan item on the list.  Everything else will be vegan, and I don't think they will know what hit em.  I'm sure they won't be able to tell the difference, and I will be posting all the recipes in the next few days.

On the menu:
  • Cashew Nut Patties - my family's specialty, although I had to change a few things to remove the dairy and eggs
  • Better Than Blair Split Pea Soup - the tried and true favorite
  • Mashed Sweet Potatoes - I have never made these before, so hopefully they turn out okay
  • Potato Salad - the crowd pleaser
  • Tofurkey - unfortunately the store bought kind, didn't have time to make one from scratch
 Stay tuned for my recipes!  I'll let you know if everyone cleans their plates ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment